Friday, September 3, 2010

Sometimes


Sometimes, Knowingly or unknowingly we hurt the feelings of others. And there are some in the name of being straight forward try and hurt others. I was thinking about my ammamma today. My mom called me and started crying. She was telling me that she was reading my ammammas old diaries.I am the eldest grand daughter of hers and for my marriage my mom had bought a cotton saree for my grand ma. Actually my grand ma was very thin and she wasnt keen on silk sarrees. So thinking about the comfort factor my mom had got her a cotton saree. And my ammamma had written in her diary that she was so upset and in tears that her daughter had given her only a cotton saree probably because she was a widow etc. Actually when my marriage was fixed I was in singapore. When I came back I went to pothys in chennai along with my friend and took my ammamma also and had got her a silk saree which probably my mom forgot. But reading this diary now..she was very upset..and what could she do to change it. There is no choice. Even after I telling her that I had got her a silk saree she was not convinced. And somehow the very same day her maid had come to her and asked that she dont have sarees and if my mom can give her one. It was such a big coincidence and my mom immediately went and gave her some nice sarress including silk sarees and she told me that only then she got some peace. she felt its ammamma who is asking for saree. Somehow this made a big impact to me. Most of the times we really hurt the feelings of our near and dear ones. And especially if someone is very close to us we dont mind speaking to them whatever we want and may be it hurt them. We might even feel that its okay tomorrow if I tell sorry things should become okay as most of the time it would be some emotional outbursts..But what if that tomorrow never comes for the other person. Will it not impact us throughout our lives.
Thats why its really important not to hurt anyones feelings.
Every one has one life and a right to live it in the way they chose to.
When we start judging people where is the time left to love them?

No comments:

Post a Comment