Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Virus Virus Virus


There are good days and There are bad days. This is one such day.


My daughter was down with viral fever. Now for the first time I felt bacterias are better than virus atleast I could have given her some anitbiotics. After 4 days of continous high fever she started getting rashes. I was so worried. I thought it must be HFMD!!!! And rushed to the hospital again. The doc checked and confirmed that its not HFMD but its still a viral infection and the next two days her rashes might get worse but later she will recover on her own.

So am hoping she gets better soon. This phase is really tiresome and leaves with literally no energy physically and mentally.


I wanted to share some things to do when there is high fever.



1.Make sure that they do not get dehydrated. So keep giving them lots of liquid. Especially water for ever few minutes. Since there are ulcers in throat and mouth its very difficult to swallow. So only way is to keep giving them in small amounts frequently.



2.Its okay to give some cold jelly, ice cream or yoghurt but they should be given only in very minimal amounts. Otherwise it might aggravate the fever or cold.


3. Its okay to give sponge bath using luke warm water and let it dry on its own.


4.Dress them up in very light clothes and make sure that the room is ventilated and neither too hot not too cold.


5.And more importantly take care of yourself too as as a mother we need more strength and energy to take care of our kids.


Generally I am against the concept of taking kids to GP when they fall sick. I used to argue that its important to take them to only paediatrician even for small issues. Last time when I was down with fever and at the same time my daughter also was sick with cold and flu I took her to GP since he was near and she also recovered fast. And because of that I took her to GP this time too which is actually wrong. May be I should have taken to the paediatrician first. Ofcourse a virus takes its own course of time but still...So Lessons Learnt..Never take kids to GP .


All izzz well :)


No comments:

Post a Comment