Sunday, January 10, 2010

Vacation in Chennai


This time our vacation was too hectic. We had lots to do and I shouldnt even be calling it a vacation. We had 2 weeks leave and in that we had planned our grahapravesam, our daughters ear piercing and our in laws sashtipoorthy (60th wedding).

And since everything is to be done in hyderabad, I was able to stay in chennai only for one day.Am going to chennai after 2 years and get only one day there so I had planned so many things to do in one day.

I had to meet my college friends, school friends, Had to plan a surprise birthday party for my 85 years old granny who is the most active person I had ever met, Had to spend some me time with her, Have to spend as much time possible gossipping with my sis and also with my nephew, have to go to my two favorite temples which always had been part of me till the time I was in chennai, any sorrow or any joy, whether its exam or interview , whether its happy moment or heart broken I would always get
peace of mind there after pouring out my emotions to the divine power, then I have to roam around in pondy bazar and ranganathan street to do road side shopping, have to eat in Murugans Idly shop, and should drink coffee in the road side restaurant balaji bavan where I used to go almost daily in my college days and finallllllllllllyyyy must not miss the Marina beach.

Marina beach - wow if I think of it only i feel excited...just to stand in the water, watching the waves and the moon and stars and what not..its a bliss and I have been there everytime when I had felt lonely or sad and everytime I had to make a decision its Marina....

So with all this TO DO list, I started from Singapore.


What a timing!!!! Our flight got delayed. I think I shouldnt even say delayed it was rescheduled. Instead of starting at 11:0 pm it started only the next day 6:00 am. I really couldnt tolerate the injustice..Between 6:00 am to 8:00 am is when I had planned the temple visits now they are out of question. And then I called up my sis and told her to come to airport with her 8 months baby so I dont miss a second being with them.

Finally we reached Chennai. Wow the feeling you get breathing even the polluted air, is great. Thats what you call the home town :) After reaching home, since I had already missed my moms breakfast, had to settle for mom cooked lunch and filter coffee. When we reached home, by then my daughter was already tired and was cranky and hungry. I couldnt attend any of my friends call because she was almost crying. Finally after making her eat and put her to sleep when I saw the time, It was 3:00. Oh my god..I havent even opened the TO DO list.

Then I called up all my cousins to arrange for the birthday party for my granny. Thankfully it was saturday they were all around and they really helped in that. Then we went to do shopping in pondy bazar. Couldnt do much shopping there becoz of lack of time. But I did go to balaji bavan and had my favorite coffee though. Wow thats one thing done.


We were back around 4:30 pm and then one of my school friends had come and I was spending some time with her By then most of my relatives had come home and so we couldnt go out anywhere. Around 7:00 we managed to decorate and arranged the cake cutting for my granny. It was the best thing, and she was really surprised. Then we planned to go to Marina, but my grandma cant come and she wanted to spend some time with me. So we cancelled the marina.

So thats it. We were back around 11:00 pm put my daughter to sleep and started repacking and then finally spent some time with my parents. Then we started next day to Hyderabad around 6:30 pm. So thats the end of the day in chennai.
This new year, am hoping that we will plan and spend some quality time in Chennai. Hey thats going to be there in my diary for this year TO DO items :)
Time Flies ....

No comments:

Post a Comment